7 Offbeat Places to Visit Near Pune Which Remained Hidden Until Now!
Pune is of the best and most beautiful cities you can visit in India. But while there are popular attractions to see in the city, there are several gorgeous places to visit near Pune as well. These places are spectacular gems that have managed to stay hidden and escaped over-tourism. Make plans to explore some of these awesome offbeat places to visit near Pune on your next vacation.
If you wish to make your trip a romantic one, you will be glad to know there are scores of places to visit near Pune for couples and not just families. Check out our list below of the best places you can visit near this remarkable city.
Holiday Destinations Near Pune:
If you don’t wish to go too far, there are places to visit near Pune within 100 km. However, if you can compromise a bit on the distance and travel time, you will find some really incredible places to visit near Pune within 300 km as well. An added bonus is that there are beaches near Pune you can explore. Choose from the list below depending on your preferences.
Distance: 37 km
History lovers will be thrilled to know that among the top places to visit near Pune is a massive fortress. At less than 40 km from the city, this towering fort offers some of the most stunning countryside views you will ever encounter.
Combine an exciting round of trekking with exploring a historical marvel and you have the perfect recipe for fun. Apart from sightseeing, you can camp at certain places as well. So it’s a good idea to take a breather or two along the way. The fort is simply too massive for you to completely explore at one-go.
Distance: 50 km
If you fall within the adventurous lot, then this is the perfect place for you. Gather a bunch of your friends and board some last minute flights pronto! What to expect here?
Well, there is a dam, a lake, picturesque beauty, and endless adventure opportunity to name a few things. You can camp, kayak, surf, ski, picnic, and a whole lot more here! You can also hire a bunch of bicycles and go cycling to explore the scenic area. This is of the best offbeat places to visit near Pune within 100 km.
- Top 10 Places to Visit in HawaiiThe USS Arizona Commemoration at Pearl Harbor in Honolulu is the #1 Guest Goal in the Hawaiian Islands. More than 2-million U.S. also, universal guests decide to visit the Arizona Remembrance consistently to see where WWII started for America. There…
- Amazing destinations to visit in SingaporeSingapore is the best destination for everyone and its chic shopping centers, lavish inns, and high-end food have held the middle stage for Singapore the travel industry. Yet, this lasting stopover city has investigated the subject of fun and reevaluated…
- 7 Offbeat Places to Visit Near Pune Which Remained Hidden Until Now!Pune is of the best and most beautiful cities you can visit in India. But while there are popular attractions to see in the city, there are several gorgeous places to visit near Pune as well. These places are spectacular…
- 10 best restaurants in the USA for a better launchAt least one great restaurant or cafe – a perfect for food – is in almost every American city, but do not flatter yourself: the road to it is hardly paved with yellow brick. Therefore, the addresses of such places…
- Biggest Shopping Malls In BangkokIn what capacity can one not go out on the town to shop when in Bangkok? This city is renowned at its modest costs, and its stunning stores will have you in the ‘shop till you drop’ sort of mindset…
Distance: 95 km
This is of the best holiday destinations near Pune offering something for everyone. There is an ancient temple you can visit. There are trekking trails to explore. There is vast scenic landscape you can picnic on.
What more could one want! If you happen to be a large group traveling together, this is of the best places to visit near Pune for 1 day trip. You can relax after a temple visit and a short trek while your kids enjoy exploring the vast grounds. Do remember to take a lot of pictures!
4. Tamhini Ghat
Distance: 112 km
Tamhini Ghat is of the best offbeat places to visit near Pune in monsoon. The waterfalls are at their fullest best and the already lush surroundings are washed with fresh greenery.
The ride itself to Tamhini Ghat will take you all around Pune. Besides outdoor camping, you can enjoy scores of other exciting sports like rock climbing, trekking, and exploring the deep valleys. This is of the best offbeat places near Pune to visit when arriving in the city in business class flights.
Distance: 190 km
Undoubtedly among the top places to visit near Pune within 200 km, Harihareshwar will delight the nature lover in you. A scenic place, this is also a popular pilgrimage spot for Hindus owing to the famous Harihareshwara and Vishnupada temples here.
However, there are beaches as well which draw a sizeable number of people. Although lesser-known, this is fast becoming a popular place near Pune. So it’s best to visit now before it becomes swamped with tourists.
Distance: 194 km
For water sports lovers, there can be no better place than Kolad. Among the best places to visit near Pune within 200 km, Kolad offers visitors the chance to enjoy all sorts of exciting water sports.
You can expect to indulge in a round of kayaking, river rafting, waterfall canoeing, and a lot more. Owing to its location the banks of the scenic Kundalika River, Kolad offers a wide choice when it comes to campsites. It’s a great place for couples, families and friends alike to visit.
Distance: 260 km
This spectacular hill retreat is of the best offbeat places to visit near Pune within 300 km. The absolutely gorgeous place offers all sorts of exciting opportunities to those arriving on cheap flights to Pune from USA. Those who love adventure can camp and trek here.
Spiritually-inclined travelers can visit some of the many temples here. Those who wish to explore the historical sites about a stone’s throw away can do so as well. The Devgiri Fort and Ellora caves are located nearby and you can spend as much time as you want to explore these.